Partagez | 

RAINBOW

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 05 Nov 2012, 19:02

Merci Zep. Intéressantes, ces répétitions aux Shepperton Studios. Wink Wink Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://black-sabbath.board-realtors.com
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Dim 30 Déc 2012, 22:21

Zepforce
Children Of The Grave

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 31 Déc 2012, 06:06

Phil a écrit:

j'aurais largement preferé une version de "stargazer " en lieu et place de ce "close my eyes " qui n'est pas non plus le meilleurs titre du groupe .
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 31 Déc 2012, 07:03

Tout à fait. Wink Wink Wink
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Sam 09 Mar 2013, 13:14

Putain, le texte anglais comporte de sacrées fautes de syntaxe. Shocked

Interview de Cookie Crawford sur la réalisation de Straight Between The Eyes:

Cooky says: after multiple tours in 1981 we went to killington vermont for rehearsals for new lp and new member david rosenthal this was another ski resort area where you can get a large house in the woods and not have to worry about waking anyone up at all hours when inspiration struck. they also had multiple bedrooms and were fairly easy to rent for short periods of time. from there to morin heights canada to le studio 100 miles north of montreal in the heart of the winter. this studio had great reputation and great facilities. the Police had just been there for parts of "ghost in the machine". it was the home base for Rush as they did multiple things here. the owner guy carboneau was a great guy and nick blagona was the best engineer around and all around fun guy. ritchie liked the snow and solitude of being kind of stranded up in a chalet with nothing but the people working with him and very few distractions. we burned more wood there for staring into fires than the locals did in 6 yrs and then some of the furniture went ! after breakfast in the morning ritchie and i would walk thru the woods to the main studio bldg which was what ritchie loved as he talked of getting fresh oxygen to the brain and a good workout walking thru the snow.

Cooky dit : après de multiples tournées en 1981, nous sommes allés à Killington dans le Vermont pour répéter le nouvel album en compagnie du nouvel arrivant David Rosenthal. Il s'agissait d'un autre complexe de ski où l'on peut avoir une grande maison dans les bois et ne pas être préoccupé quant à l'idée de réveiller qui que ce soit à n'importe quelle heure quand l'inspiration vous gagne. Ils avaient aussi à disposition de nombreuses chambres qui étaient facilement louables pour de coutres durées. Des hauteurs de Morin au Canada au studio, il fallait parcourir 160 km au nord de Montreal en plein hiver. Ce studio était réputé et avait de supers installations. Police avait été dans ce studio pour y enregistrer certaines parties de Ghost In The Machine. C'était aussi en quelque sorte le QG de Rush qui y enregistrait de nombreux morceaux. Le propriétaire Guy Carbonneau était un chic type et Nick Blagona était le meilleur ingénieur du son et par dessus tout un mec drôle. Ritchie aimait la neige et se retrouver dans le chalet rien qu'avec les gens qui passaient leur temps à travailler avec lui et n'avait que très peu de distractions. Nous avions consumé plus de bois passant notre temps à fixer le feu que les gars du coin en 6 ans et puis une partie du mobilier a été dégagée. Après le petit déjeuner, Ritchie et moi avions l'habitude d'aller nous balader dans les bois jusqu'au studio principal. C'était ce que Ritchie aimait. Il disait qu'il était toujours bon de prendre l'air frais et que marcher dans la neige ne pouvaient constituer qu'un bon exercice physique et intellectuel.

with new members ritchie was great to be around as they gave him plenty of tricks to play on like his favorite in the morning of leaving the refrigerator door ajar with the milk ready to spill on the floor as the unsuspecting half-asleep newcomer opened the door to get milk for coffee. monkey in the studio ritchie used a few combinations of 4x12 cabinets and marshall major heads in different locations and miking setups.
mostly in a very live sounding hardwood floored room. as far as i know the solos ritchie played were all just off the top of his head and seemed to just come to him..obviously the solo in death alley driver was js bach inspired along with his own improvisations and whammy bar bends to put his stamp on it and purely ritchie sound. david rosenthal was i believe the best keyboardist to play in rainbow and was pitch perfect and trained and schooled at berklee. ritchie loved this kind of "competition" with another great musician and it showed by what came out of theses sessions. ritchie seemed to find it inspiring and it really showed that ritchie wasn't only as great a player as a highly schooled and trained musician but actually took it to "another level" much like a true champion athlete. add to this bobby rondinelli's powerful drumming and joe lynn turner and roger glovers lyrics and production skills. straight between the eyes was the first album my name appeared on and ritchie gave me a great suprise by listing my name and title under "guitar". this was the ultimate compliment to me working for a genius. i'm still very proud of this album and to have worked for "THE MAN"....

Avec les nouveaux membres, Ritchie était toujours sympa dès l'instant qu'on lui donnait toujours des blagues à faire comme laisser la porte du réfrigérateur entrouverte avec le lait qui était sur le point de se répandre sur le sol alors que le nouvel arrivant, à moitié endormi, ne se doutait absolument de rien et prenait du lait pour du café.
En studio, Ritchie utilisait une combinaison de quelques colonnes de hauts parleurs et d'amplis en divers endroits ainsi que des micros.
La plupart du temps, aussi loin que je m'en souvienne, les soli que Ritchie interprétait en un lieu dont le sol était recouvert par un parquet où le son était live, semblaient sortir juste au dessus de sa tête et semblaient aussi l'imprégner. De toute évidence, le solo de Death Alley Driver était inspiré par JS Bach complété de ses propres improvisations et de l'utilisation du vibrato de façon à y mettre son cachet et obtenir ce son qui lui est caractéristique. Je pense que David Rosenthal était le meilleur organiste qui ait joué dans Rainbow et celui-ci avait un son parfait. Il a pratiqué et a fait ses études à Berklee. Ritchie adorait ce genre de compétition avec un autre grand musician et cela montre à quel point cet esprit de compétition pouvait ressurgir sur ces sessions. Ritchie semblait y trouver son inspiration et cela a eu tendance à prouver que Ritchie n'était pas un aussi grand musicien comparé à un musicien qui ait étudié et qui se soit longuement entrainé mais en réalité, cela a porté son inspiration sur "un autre niveau" qui serait beaucoup plus comparable à l'entrainement d'un champion d'athlétisme. Ajoutez à cela la force de frappe de Bobby Rondinelli et la production de Roger Glover et les paroles de Joe Lynn Turner. Straight Between The Eyes fut le premier album où apparut mon nom et Ritchie me fit la surprise en indiquant mon nom et ma fonction juste sois le mot "guitare". C'était pour moi le compliment ultime de travailler pour un génie. Je suis encore très fier de cet album et fier d'avoir travaillé pour "L'HOMME."

since i pretty much had ritchies confidence my job was to help with the tricks he would play on new members like putting davids fender rhodes piano out in the -40 degree weather. this was his favorite instrument to play while in his room,but ritchie HATED the sound of as too pretty and NOT rock and roll sounding !!!LOL!..of course anyone who knew ritchie personally knew he did these things for fun and not as anything hateful. he liked to keep people on their toes and opened there minds and kept them thinking they might be the next victim. when ritchie worked he was all business and if he thought you took things for granted he would surely show you door. he only wanted the best result possible. a lot of players came and went in rainbow and i believe mr blackmore just liked new blood in the band for newer ideas and sounds as opposed to any inability to play. virtually anyone who played in his bands were the best he could find and get along with at any given time.

Puisque j'étais dans une relation de confiance avec Ritchie, mon boulot, c'était d'imaginer des blagues que l'on pouvait faire comme par exemple sortir le piano de David Rhodes par 40°. C'était son instrument fétiche mais Ritchie en détestait le son parce que c'était trop "joli" et pas assez rock and roll. A SUIVRE

Gear:

second round of questions ("techniques") to Cooky Crawford (Ritchie's Tech 81'-88 ') Hi Cooky! We have received many requests to make you wonder about the guitar effects (Roland GR 700 , for example...Treble Booster b4 ?) and the amps settings (both studio and live) that Ritchie used while you worked for him. They also consult on strings (gauge) and guitar tuning. Many answers can be found on the Internet but... it's much better to know this by who was right there! Cheers! Ritchierod

Cooky said: anything about this treble booster..wasn't used when i was there..i've been asked about this b4 by other fans,so he probably used it b4 my time....the compact phaser we used exclusively on "catch the rainbow" ...when ritchie was first given a guitar synth by roland in japan he loved the effects it produced but the original funky shaped guitar didn't track fast enough(sorry don't remember part#s).his hands are very fast. this was improved soon after and he got the pick-up installed on a strat...also he didn't like the balance of that original guitar kind of like a les paul where you got to hold it up or it would fall when sitting down playing. we asked someone to make a 25ft cord for that original synth but since it had a 25 pin connector on it the cord built was like a pa snake cord!!! way too thick for any stage use...ritchie like "owner of a lonely heart" by trevor rabin in yes at the time and wanted to get some of these sounds which were actually triggered by an emulator. it was around this time that i left.

ritchies stage set-up when i worked for him never employed any on stage effects other than the phaser on catch the rainbow..he always thought if you had too many things plugged in there was too many things that could go wrong.he is a perfectionist and didn't need anything to turn him off while performing. any sound effects you heard live were originated at the foh sound board like octave dividing for a thicker sound.

ritchies strings were by picato .048,.038,.026,.014,.011 &.010. he also didn't use anything but concert tuning at the time with the exception of stepping down the top string to "D" on "firedance" with rainbow.he also did this in the studio on a track on eyes of fire.

amp settings ?
i really don't that well other than presence about 3/4 up low bass middle maxed and treble less than 1/2 way he used 3 different heads and used whatever sounded the best that night. he wasn't always at sound check so we would go with whatever he'd been using for the show b4.. the volume was usually about 3/4 up! his aiwa tape deck was the real secret weapon in his sound which gave it a huge preamp boost.

On his first day working for Ritchie:

RBIFC Asking to Mr. Clif Cooky Crawford (Ex-Ritchie's Tech from 1981 to 1988) We'll do the second (battery) question is this: How was your first day of work with Ritchie ? On what guitar you had to work for the first time? Technically, the way it generates the signature sound of Ritchie in those days? Cheers. Ritchierod ! P.S. Thanks once again Cooky!

my first day(night)in san diego i see ritchie, who didn't even know i was there as he was walking on stage. he asked me what i was doing there. i said i came to work for you! he laughed as he knew me but wasn't informed..bobby rondinelli's roadie(tim kelly) had called me the night earlier and said if i wanted the job to get on a plane to san diego otherwise someone else might get the job. i borrowed $400.00 from my parents and flew there. raymond (production manager) just wanted me to observe for the first couple of gigs as there was much to learn about his gear, which was all english. like the power leads on on the marshall majors which are fused at 13amps..i'd never seen this before! after a few days ritchie and i got to talking about his guitars and how he liked the strings put on etc...he handed me strat #1 and said to tune it. i did it in about a minute by ear and handed it to him. he was amazed and told me some of his older roadies could never tune his guitars. they were the easiest guitars i ever had to tune having worked previously for twisted sister whose axes wouldn't stay in tune for more than one song!

as the tour went on i started to make smash-ups and started scalloping the necks everyday, which he really liked and i got so good at keeping the smash-ups playable that we started doing it almost every night. if you watch the video for "live between the eyes" in 1982 you can see how well the cheap imitations stayed in tune and also dawk gave me a bunch of fender pick-ups to install if the guitars were real ****. the cheaper the guitar the more they squealed thru 450watts of marshall major power!!! so you can see in this video the black pick-up in the treble position,which was a real fender. as time went on in the purple reunion days we started to get fender squiers which were still tinny but were otherwise very nice guitars and very easy for me to set-up...

Merci à Rat Bat Blue du DPFF...
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Sam 15 Juin 2013, 17:18

Le Rockpalast 95, concert de Dusseldorf, sortira officiellement au Japon le 31 juillet en format CD, DVD et combo CD/DVD.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A2%E3%82%A2%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%80%9C%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%91%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%881995%E3%80%90%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%9B%A4DVD-2CD-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E5%AD%97%E5%B9%95%E4%BB%98%E3%80%91/dp/B00D8WSKI6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371312003&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=rainbow+rockpalast

Merci à Stephs66.
Blacky
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Sam 15 Juin 2013, 17:48

je prendrais le combo alors ...mrgreen

Vive le sucre fabriqué dans l' Aisne (02)  !!
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Sam 15 Juin 2013, 18:27

Moi, je te dis, ce sera un sacré OPUS.mrgreen
Blacky
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 17 Juin 2013, 18:05

12 nov 1975 premier concert de rainbow nyc

Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 17 Juin 2013, 18:16

Alors ça, c'est de la tof !!!!!! Merci mon Blacky !!!!!!!
Jchristophe
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 17 Juin 2013, 18:46

euhh je vais peut etre dire une connerie, mais la batterie y'a ecrit "Powell", alors, soit "Powell", c'est une marque, soit, c'est celle à Cozy, donc, ce ne devait pas etre le premier concert; car il n'etait pas là si mes souvenirs sont bons
http://heavy-metal-kid.over-blog.com/
Griffon44
Children Of The Grave

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 18 Juin 2013, 03:56

Bah les zicos de Elf ont joué 4 mois avec le maître et ensuite powell est arrivé Wink
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 18 Juin 2013, 04:14

C'était d'ailleurs très "cozy" à cette époque là....
Griffon44
Children Of The Grave

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 18 Juin 2013, 04:28

Phil a écrit:
C'était d'ailleurs très "cozy" à cette époque là....
Nomrgreen
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mer 10 Juil 2013, 21:33

Phil a écrit:
Le Rockpalast 95, concert de Dusseldorf, sortira officiellement au Japon le 31 juillet en format CD, DVD et combo CD/DVD.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A2%E3%82%A2%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%80%9C%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%91%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%881995%E3%80%90%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%9B%A4DVD-2CD-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E5%AD%97%E5%B9%95%E4%BB%98%E3%80%91/dp/B00D8WSKI6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371312003&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=rainbow+rockpalast

Merci à Stephs66.

"Black Masquerade" est en précommande un peu partout sur la toile ...
Regard vite fait des tarifs, il faut compter grosso modo 15 euros pour le double CD et la même chose pour le DVD. Sortie entre le 26 et 29 août en Europe .
Le combo CD/DVD semble n'être dispo qu'au Japon ( de 45 à 55 euros), sortie fin juillet .
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Dim 21 Juil 2013, 18:11

Un coffret provisoirement intitulé A Light In The Black va sortir avant la fin de l'année. Il recèle de nombreux inédits et dresse également un panorama de la carrière du groupe de 1975 à 1984.

Pleased to announce that a RAINBOW box set provisionally entitled A LIGHT IN THE DARK is being released. It contains many previously unreleased tracks, and spans the band's years from 1975 - 1984. More news soon, but it could be out before the end of the year.
Blacky
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Lun 22 Juil 2013, 03:27

alllez zncore un coffret pas complet .. ils vont nous le faire un jour avec toutes les périodes ??

Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Ven 30 Aoû 2013, 13:12

Ce concert, enregistré à Dusseldorf le 9 octobre 1995, circulait sur le marché parallèle depuis un certain nombre d'années. Le voici enfin officialisé sous la forme d'un double live intitulé Black Masquerade. Au chant, nous avons l'excellent "qui ne l'est plus aujourd'hui" Doogie White, Chuck Burgi à la batterie, Greg Smith à la basse, Candice Night (future Mme Blackmore) aux choeurs et naturellement le sieur Ritchie Blackmore, fondateur du groupe avec notamment Ronnie James Dio aujourd'hui disparu. Sur ce double live, point d'envolées épiques à la Catch The Rainbow sur On Stage mais des morceaux pêchus accompagnés de solos individuels pas toujours du meilleur goût. Strangers In Us All, album sorti à l'époque, est naturellement bien représenté (6 titres enfin 7 si l'on compte Still I'm Sad des Yardbirds que le groupe reprenait déjà à ses débuts). Et puis, il y a les classiques de Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers, Burn et Smoke On The Water. Vraiment, un très bon live...
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 03 Sep 2013, 16:50

V'là ti pas qu'on parle de la sortie en DVD du concert à Donington en 1980.
Blacky
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 03 Sep 2013, 17:46

ha purée je prens à mort , j en fut cites tes sources putaiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mar 03 Sep 2013, 20:41

http://www.rafabasa.com/2013/09/02/rainbow-krokus-ugly-kid-joe-kix-martin-steene-project-love-might-kill/
Sykes-Schenker
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mer 04 Sep 2013, 19:26

quelqu'un a pris l'édition deluxe du long live rock n roll avec des extraits live sur le 2ème cd:
qu'est ce que ça vaut?scratch 
http://onlygoodmusicishere.blogspot.fr
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Mer 04 Sep 2013, 20:21

Non pas pris
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Jeu 05 Sep 2013, 06:40

Sur ce live, je trouve que le son de Chuck Burgi est particulièrement étrange. Un manque de relief évident. Suspect 
Phil
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   Sam 07 Sep 2013, 12:11

C'est Dame Candice qui dit ça :

Rainbow dvd release at #1 in Germany and France !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: RAINBOW   

RAINBOW
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 5 sur 25Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Suivant